1 IMAGE, 8 DIFFERENT CAPTIONS – HOW TO MAKE STOCK IMAGES WORK FOR YOUR BRAND
Does this sound like you?
You have stock images that you LOVE but you’re just not sure how to turn them into relevant content for your IG feed.
It’s easy to get STUCK thinking that the images you use, need to directly and literally relate to your industry or business. When you have this kind of mindset you will find yourself passing by tons of gorgeous images because you just don’t know how to make them work for you.
HERE’S A BETTER APPROACH IN 2 STEPS:
1. Let the image serve as creative fuel! Save any images that are beautiful or inspiring to you. In our stock photo gallery at Social Squares you can easily save photos you love by clicking the heart icon bottom left. This will add these images to your own personal favorites file, making it easy to refer back to later.
2. When you are ready to batch create your content for IG, select an image from your saved images OR your Social Squares FAVORITES tab and allow the image to serve as the caption prompt. The trick is to think outside of the box and make it personal!
Let’s try it with this image of oranges!
You could use this image to talk about:
1. What you are doing to GROW this year personally or professionally (books, courses, a new routine).
Suitable Industry: marketing, blogging, photography, fitness, life coach
2. How it often takes time to see the FRUIT of all of our hard work in life, parenting, relationship or business. You can go months or years even before you really see the results of your hard work.
Suitable Industry: Any industry!
3. Encourage your audience to “count the FRUIT” in their own lives. What is going well? What are they really proud of?
Suitable Industry: personal development, business consultant, spiritual brand
4. Talk about SCENTS that really personally inspire you and make you come alive.
Suitable Industry: beauty industry, product based businesses with soaps or candles, life coaches.
5. Talk about COLOR theory, the emotions that different colors evoke, your fear of adding color to your home, your love of adding pops of bold color to your home…poll your audience on whether or not they are afraid of color in their home or wardrobe.
Suitable Industry: designers, clothing brands, retail stores, health & wellness, real estate
6. Talk about GARDENING. Are you a green thumb? Black thumb? Has anyone found a plant that they manage to keep alive in their house?
Suitable Industry: agriculture, landscaping, Mommy blogger or lifestyle blogger
7. Talk about the HEALTHY CHANGES you are making to your diet or how you increase your vitamin C and D intake during COVID and see if you audience made any similar changes.
Suitable Industry: nutrition, fitness, coach, well-being
8. Talk about the GROWTH you saw in yourself or your business in 2020 and ask your audience what growth they witnessed in themselves.
Suitable Industry: branding, web design, marketing
Seriously, there are SO MANY prompts (and great conversations!) you can come up with when you let the images lead the way and think outside of the box!
Did we miss any other prompt ideas? Let us know in the comments below!
NOW THAT YOU KNOW HOW USE IMAGES TO INSPIRE YOUR CAPTIONS, DOWNLOAD OUR NEW GUIDE “THE 3 TYPES OF INSTAGRAM CONTENT THAT GO VIRAL” TO GET MORE ENGAGEMENT ON INSTAGRAM: